Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Cesar Baena dreams of Olympics



Dusseldorf --
He is the exotic in the ski circus: César Baena comes from Venezuela and notes for Saturday's World Cup cross-country skiers participated in the Rhine river.
A touch of "Cool Runnings" in the Old Town! The cinema is classic for the 23-year-olds an incentive.
At that time, tried four Jamaicans in a bob and it managed up to the Olympics. Baena in February will now start at the biggest winter sports event in Vancouver.
"I have already experienced the atmosphere in Turin in 2006 as a volunteer and was thrilled. Now I want to be as active here and Venezuela, "reveals the number 2237 in the world rankings. "If it does not 2010 work, then no later than 2014 in Sochi."
The dream of Olympia began six years ago. Just at the ski dome Neuss Baena first came into contact with the white splendor.
"I was for one year as an au pair be located on the road and with a host family in Cologne. It has taken with me at the time to Neuss. I had great fun in the snow. Now the sport is my life, "says the only South American in cross country.
Grimly he trains every day to improve steadily. "I participated at the World Championships in Liberec. Although I have only occupies the last place, but the spectators celebrated like I did with the Venezuelan flag in goal. "
Much better Baena will probably not cut today, although he will not get the smile disappeared. Baena: "The snow is my lifeblood. At some point I will also runterspringen even have a ski jump. "